Saturday 28 February 2015

Review + Swatches: MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus

Whenever a beauty product aimed for fundraising comes out, I feel I must buy it! My compulsive shopping is totally justifiable if the funds are going towards a good cause right? My latest philanthropy beauty purchase is the hot pink lip duo from the 2015 MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus collaboration. According to the MAC AIDS Fund website, 100% of the proceeds from Viva Glam products goes directly towards helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. The lipstick and lipglass both retail at $150hkd.
MAC Viva Glam Miley lipstick is described as "a super-sexy hot pink" with an amplified finish, 
and the lipglass is hot pink with sparkling pearl shimmer.


The fuchsia lipstick surprised me as I thought it would have more blue undertones, but it is definitely a lot warmer than other fuchsias that I own. I've only had this for a week or so, but I've fallen hard for it already. It's such a delicious colour reminiscent of gummy bears. I've been wearing it alone without any eye makeup, and it doesn't look at all harsh or out of place against my bare canvas. It really brightens my complexion and it makes me really happy whenever I catch a glimpse of it, tehe. The lipstick has a light consistency and glides on easily. I always forget to exfoliate my lips beforehand, but the creamy consistency doesn't accentuate dry patches at all. The lipstick is neither hydrating nor particularly drying and it leaves behind the prettiest, "I just ate a popsicle" stain.






















The lipglass is such beautiful iridescent sparkly goodness. The fuchsia pink tint is sheer enough for layering lipsticks underneath. It is, like all MAC lipglasses, extremely sticky (which I hate); but it's so iridescent and pretty I don't mind bearing with the stickiness. I only applied it to the centre of my lips in the pictures above, and you can see how the shimmer catches the light and makes my lips look so plump.

I'm pretty happy with my purchases, I suppose hot pink is a pretty common colour, but I think MAC did pretty well with this one, despite the colours not being as unique as previous Viva Glam collaborations. Have you picked up your Viva Glam beauties yet? 

MAC seems to be on a roll lately, there are so many collections that I'm eagerly waiting to launch. Are there any spring/summer collections that you're really looking forward to? I've noticed a lot of brands have interesting looking complexion powder compacts coming out...



Happy weekend beautiful strangers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment