Sunday 8 November 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet swatches: Fu(n)chsia & Pink Pong

I've never liked liquid lipsticks in the past so I didn't try the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks until recently. Bourjois released two new shades into their Rouge Velvet line for Autumn, and so I finally bit the bullet and picked up one of them, Fu(n)chsia and the cult favourite, Pink Pong.



I'm really delighted with my purchase and adore the colours that I chose, so here are some swatches for y'all. Pink Pong is a bright in your face fuchsia pink. It looks a bit scary, but it's actually really flattering on all complexions. I find that this looks slightly different on everyone, on my best friend it's very cool toned, while on me it's more neutral. Fu(n)chsia is a lovely velvety raspberry pink. It's a shade darker than a bold summer lip, and a great alternative to a classic red or the typical Autumn berry lip. This is what I wore to tea with the girls last week, which you can see here


The rouge edition velvets are so saturated in colour and are opaque with just one swap. The doe-foot application is great for a precise line and the colour sets to a matte finish. Even when you layer more on after it sets, the colour doesn't ball up when you past over the same spot multiple times. The longevity is great and both shades wear off evenly and leave behind a berry stain. The only downside is that even though these lipsticks are matte, they still transfer, so do blot down if you're planning on kissing or stuffing your face with a hamburger. 


Overall, I find these really pleasant to wear and I'm itching to pick up more because the rest of the shades are equally gorgeous. Are you a fan of liquid lipsticks, and what are your favourites? Have a lovely weekend beautiful strangers,

Linzi x

No comments:

Post a Comment