Wednesday 16 December 2015

Baublebar Favourites!


Baublebar has become one of my absolute favourite websites to procrastinate on, I mean, who could resist browsing beautiful affordable jewellery for hours on end? Now that Christmas is near, I'm going share with you some of my favourite picks from baublebar in the hopes that it will spark some gift inspiration for yourself your girlfriends :)





The Crystal Wreath Collar was the one that I thought I would get the most wear out of because the monochrome palette would match everything. But it's turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, because the howlite stones are a lot bigger than I'd imagined so it looks a bit much against my small frame, and it's also really heavy. But the worse is that, during summer on a particularly sweaty day, the metal tarnished and stained my neck green (not what I'd expected from a $68 necklace -.-) The lobster clasp is also really stiff and I end up with black stuff under my nails every time I undo it, and lately I've found it a bit rough against my neck and it makes me itch. But it is a really lovely necklace that I get compliments whenever I wear, it's just that it's more suited for girls a bit taller and if you don't mind the weight.

I'm obsessed with the Opal Mermaid Collar, it's so unique and stunning. I don't wear this as much as I should, but I take it out to stare at all the time. I love pairing it with a v-neck grey t-shirt (which is basically how I wear all my statement necklaces...). It's on sale for $28 so I would definitely recommend this as it's a pretty unique silhouette. The Aquamarine Cavalier Collar isn't on the site anymore which is lame 'cause I love it a lot and wear it all the time. It was more metallic than I'd anticipated so to me it feels more like a winter piece.



There's so much good stuff on Baublebar right now, and here are my top statement necklace picks:

Top row:
I've been pining for the Rainbow Frank Collar for about a year now, but I just can't see myself pairing it with anything in my closet... 
I love the asymmetry and different stones of the Flora Collar, it would look so lovely paired with a beige sweater.
There's nothing sexier than the Lotus Bib to accentuate a low back/backless dress, I NEED this.

Bottom row:

The Renaissance Bib is literally a vision right out of a 16th century painting...
What could be more glamourous than the art deco vibes of the Garbo Collar or the Crystal Zelda Collar, love!



Baublebar is probably the best place to look for ear jackets/swing earrings. I LOVE these Mariposa Ear Jackets, though I don't find them as casual as the necklaces so I can only really pull them off at night. Though I did wear them for my graduation and they made me feel a lot prettier with my stupid graduation cap. The pop of teal on the Juniper Ear Cuff Set is so fun but I can't find this colourway on the website any more; the lavender ones are seriously pretty!


Of course, statement jewellery isn't for everyone. If you're a dainty jewellery girl, I've got you covered too. I adore my little evil eye bracelet which was MIA during the photo shoot; it's on sale for $18 and there's a necklace version too. Two dainty gold necklaces that I've had my eyes on for ages are, the Pave Moondrop Pendant and the 15.5" Ice Bullseye Pendant.


When it comes to packaging, Baublebar certainly doesn't cut corners. You don't have to worry about your baubles getting damaged in the post, as each piece comes wrapped in bubble wrap and inside individual zip-lock bags. Each item also comes with a little "how to care" card and a drawstring pouch to store your bauble in. While this makes everything safe and very gift-friendly, the excessive packaging still makes me feel a little uneasy, especially if you purchase often from Baublebar and end up with a lot of plastic... The drawstring pouches are quite handy for keeping bits and bobs tidy in your handbag, but still, I don't need that many...

Baublebar has got to be one of my happiest finds of 2015. I really like their designs and would highly recommend their products if you're looking to treating yourself to a little bling. I hope you enjoyed the little look into my jewellery collection. Do you have any Baublebar pieces? What are your favourites? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment