Thursday 10 July 2014

Review + Swatches: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal & Eye Shadow Sticks

I’m not much of an eye makeup kind of girl but these have got to be some of my favourite eye products ever! 
The Rimmel Scandaleyes are the best eye liners I've ever tried. Theyre so easy to use and dont drag at all and once applied, they do not budge. And not to mention how extremely budget friendly they are. The same goes for the eye shadow sticks, so creamy yet so long lasting!

Top-bottom: Eye shadow sticks in Bulletproof Beige, Bootleg Brown, Bad Girl Bronze. Kohl liners in Bronze, Nude, Black

005 Nude
Every girl needs a good long-wearing nude eye liner, and this is simply the best! Its great for brightening up the eye area – pop a bit of this in your waterline and you look instantly more awake. And once applied it stays all day and survives through your teary-eyed yawns. At the end of the day I need to run an eye makeup remover soaked Q-tip over my waterline to make sure I get it completely off.

001 Black 
The black one is my least favourite; yes its very black, but this, unlike the nude one, does not stay on my waterline at all! An hour later I have smudgy panda eyes. :( It does stay pretty well on the lash line though, so it’s a great budget option if you’re a black eye liner kind of gal. Personally I use eye liner pens (with a brush-tip) so I don’t get much use out of this unless I’m doing a smokey eye.

012 Bronze
I LOVE bronze eye liners! Bronze eye makeup is so universally flattering. I love smudging this all over for a super quick and effortless smokey eye. The shade of the bronze and bad girl bronze are almost identical, but I would say the eye liner is a wee bit sparklier and the shadow stick is a smidge darker. 


Now on to the Scandaleyes Eye Shadowsticks. I LOVE these eye shadow sticks, when makeup comes in the form of a chubby pencil it just somehow makes them even more loveable. These are so so creamy, they’re so easy to blend and once they’ve set they are super long wearing and smudge proof. I’m usually really lazy or running late so I never have time to deal with eye shadow, but with the Scandaleyes eye shadow sticks and can get my eye look done in less than five minutes. 


003 Bad Girl Bronze
I got this because this chubby pencil nib is even more efficient for a bronze smokey eye than the eye liner. Seriously, I cannot stress enough how much I love a bronze smokey eye, it’s my default night look and I get even more compliments with this look than with more complex looks that I’d spent 30 minutes faffing about with eye shadows and blending.

014 Bootleg Brown
The brown one is great because, one – I’ve been needing a brown eye liner, two - I dont have many matte eye shadows and three - it makes a great base for dark eye shadow looks.

002 Bulletproof Beige
Bulletproof beige is the first one I purchased and my absolute favourite of the bunch. Its such a great base for any coloured eye shadow and I also like wearing it alone. Usually I only wear mascara and tight-line with eye liner (because I’m lazy/always running late), but with a wash of this on my lids I instantly look more put together. This is also super fabulous for highlighting the inner corner of the eye, underneath the brow bone, as well as cheekbones and down the centre of your nose. This subtle shimmering neutral shade, and super creamy and easy to blend formula of this product makes it so convenient and versatile.

Left-right: Eye shadow sticks in Bulletproof Beige, Bootleg Brown, Bad Girl Bronze. Eye liners in Bronze, Nude, Black

I highly recommend these and theyre definite makeup bag staples to help brighten your tired eyes and to transition your day makeup into a more glamourous night look. Seriously, they’re so easy to use you can do it on a bus in two minutes (tried-and-true). Theyve got some new shades out, and being summer and all I’m tempted to be brave and get the blue one

ASOS is currently doing 30% Rimmel beauty products so head on over and pick up some goodies. And if you need some more recommendations, do check out my review on their Colour Rush lip crayons. I have got quite a few more Rimmel goodies in my stash, so tell me if you want me to review/swatch those too! What are your favourite Rimmel products, do let me know!

Ciao for now,
Linzi

No comments:

Post a Comment