Sunday 27 July 2014

Sunday Treat: Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

Hello beautiful strangers, hope you're having a lovely weekend. Every Sunday I'm going to bring to you one of my favourite indulgences. Be it a luxurious facial, a pampering body product, a delectable recipe, or even something as simple as a cup of tea. First up today is the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask. If you're a frequent reader of beauty blogs I'm sure you've heard all about it already. 



I like this mask as it feels so nourishing on the skin. After use, my skin feels plump and supple - my smile lines aren't as obvious. Upon close inspection I think my pores look smaller. And your face feels so smooth and hydrated after. To really let the mask perform to its full potential, I like to exfoliate beforehand and open up my pores with a hot flannel. 

There are masks that make you look good right away but at the end of the day your skin looks as tired as it did before. But with the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask, my skin still looks supple and bouncy when I wake up in the morning. And today, after a whole day out with the boy, exposed to delicious Hong Kong pollution, my skin was still looking plump and happy at the end of the day. This mask is so nourishing it really is a "feel good" product (if that makes sense).

Manuka honey has natural antibacterial properties so it helps to protect against damage caused by bacteria, hence diminishing your blemishes. Manuka is actually in the same plant family as Tea Tree, and we are know how much tea tree oil helps to clear up pimples.

Another thing that I like about this is that you really get what you asked for. You know how products like to make big claims and say “enriched with this and that antioxidant” but when you look at the ingredient list, you see that it’s right down at the bottom of the list. (Ingredients are listed from highest amount used to the smallest component in the product, in case you didn’t know) Well I’m glad to inform you that manuka honey is the second ingredient, right behind la aqua! With avocado oil being the next ingredient, you’re guaranteed to get an intense boost of hydration. Since it’s Summer, I’ve been sleeping with the air conditioning on every night and that really sucks all the moisture out of your face, so the manuka honey mask has been a real skin saviour.

Since I was little, my mum has told me that honey is great for the skin so I had high hopes for this mask, and the Antipodes Aura mask has definitely lived up to my expectations. If you fancy treating yourself, Antipodes is available at Feel Unique (15% off code: JULYSUN) or Look Fantastic (15% off code: FAB15). 


linzi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment